The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) is a not-for-profit organisation that represents injured people. They run several campaigns to represent those who have suffered as a result of someone’s negligence in parliament and the media.
What is the Rebuilding Shattered Lives Campaign?
Rebuilding Shattered Lives is a campaign that is run by APIL. It tells the real story of personal injury and of the people who need expert help and support in order to help them rebuild their lives.
The campaign is gaining momentum and we want to help by sharing about it on our social media over the coming weeks to help bust the myths that surround personal injury claims and compensation.
The Five Principles:
- Indiscrimination: Negligence shatters lives and it happen to anyone, even you!
- Preventable: Injured people are forced to claim compensation to help rebuild their lives should never have been injured in the first place.
- Supportive: No one plans to be injured by another person’s negligence. However, when it does happen, they need help from specialist lawyers to help rebuild their lives.
- Recovery: The compensation an injured person receives is not a ‘windfall’ and its aim is to help someone who has been needlessly injured to recover and help them rebuild their lives.
- Justice: Injured people have the right to expect to be treated with fairness and compassion.